In order for the Nordix Technical Committee and the community at large to support the projects, the proposals need to include details regarding the projects.
Please use below template while creating a project proposal. Finalised proposal are to be published on this wiki.
- Proposed name for the project: Edge Cloud project
- Provide high level description of intended project
preparation for the project:
- Require instances of OpenStack for the team to explore and work with the environment.
- Describe the area that project is addressing (for instance cloud infrastructure)
- Describe the planned areas of focus and development (for instance keystone federation for distributed clouds)
- Specify any upstream sources or projects the team will be working with (for instance OpenStack/keystone)
- Specify and local testing and integration needs (outline intent here, infra needs are listed later)
- Describe how the project is extensible in the future or how others might participate
- Specify your infrastructure needs for the project.
This section should cover the source repository needs (GitHub or Gerrit workflows), if you have specific hardware or cloud needs (keystone federation requires multiple running OpenStack instances) and if you require integration with any external systems (for instance "I want to use openlab resources for deployment and testing"). This section should give a good indication to the TC and the infra team on how to get your environment in place. You may be starting a new project in an existing area and would simply state you would use the existing infra set-up for that project, or require some extra "xyz".
- Identify similar projects is underway or being proposed in Nordix or upstream projects
- Identify any specific development be staged with respect to the upstream project and releases.
Project members and contributors:
- Names of the committers/maintainers
- Names of any other members/contributors